A place for people who fear getting bed bugs. People with flashlights by their beds. People who have strained necks from trying to climb between their encased mattress and boxspring inspecting for bed bugs. People who have their children walk in traffic to avoid a discarded mattress on the street. The fear is real. You can feel normal here.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Do Chickens Eat Bed Bugs?

I don't really know the answer...but chickens are a preventative measure that was contemplated over many beers with my similarly obsessed friends. Chances are, there will not be a diaper wearing chicken pecking around my bed in brownstone Brooklyn. But the idea really does beg the question: what is rational? And the follow up question: how much money should one spend to prevent the little suckers? I am about $650 in. I encased all the mattresses and box springs in my apartment and bought a steamer. I think a new metal frame bed is in my future. What else is there? Sprays - not a big fan. Heated bags to kill eggs - skeptical. Exterminator to come do weekly inspections - will they do that? Jugs of cheap wine to help me sleep...that might be just what the doctor ordered.

1 comment:

  1. I have chickens in Chelsea... thinking about doing it... haha do u think they could see them???

    ReplyDelete