A place for people who fear getting bed bugs. People with flashlights by their beds. People who have strained necks from trying to climb between their encased mattress and boxspring inspecting for bed bugs. People who have their children walk in traffic to avoid a discarded mattress on the street. The fear is real. You can feel normal here.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Those Sticky Little Eggs

I sat next to a woman on the subway yesterday. I thought long and hard about whether I should sit. I inspected the orange seat and saw nothing suspect. I left a half seat between me and my fellow rider, I would never sit close enough to let the eggs potentially stuck to her clothing rub off on mine. Then, in one wide, arm spreading sweep, she put on her coat, nearly hitting me the face and brushing the arm of her coat all the way down mine. My eyes widened, I got all tense. I am beginning to feel like Jack Nicholson in "As Good As It Gets". If only my problems could be solved by washing my hands fifteen times. The incident did get me thinking about these phantom eggs that are potentially stuck to everything. How sticky are these eggs? How easily do they rub from one surface to another? More important are my fears of outerwear overblown? Why is a bed bug laying eggs in a coat? Are people sleeping in their outwear? Do they come home from a long day and lay on their unmade beds that are full of eggs? I decided the threat of the coat-arm-to-my-arm egg transfer was low, I threw caution to the wind and did not go home and put my coat in the dryer for an hour. No regrets.

3 comments:

  1. Hi X, How are you?

    I completely agree with your article. It’s possible to know about it and it will snow me good ways of this topic. This is very nice post! I will bookmark this blog. Bedbug traps are legendary multipliers. Consequently, they can develop to vast quantities throughout your house very easily. One of the most essential factors you can do for bed bug management is to observe the attack to recognize just how big of a issue you really have.


    Thank You Very Much For a Nice & Cool Article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi X, How are you?


    Good one. Very important points mentioned in this article which is absolutely true. I think men should take note on it. There are special products designed for different situations to meet the requirements of customers. A bed bug trap is a very efficient way to prevent them from raiding your bed and other home furnishings. You can get rid of bed bugs under the bed legs of your bed or even under your chairs in the dining room.


    Thanks For Very Interesting Post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best way of destroying Sticky Little Eggs is boiling the washable clothes. Hot water will destroy all and every insect of those clothes. steri-fab bed bug spray is very effective for controlling them.

    ReplyDelete