A place for people who fear getting bed bugs. People with flashlights by their beds. People who have strained necks from trying to climb between their encased mattress and boxspring inspecting for bed bugs. People who have their children walk in traffic to avoid a discarded mattress on the street. The fear is real. You can feel normal here.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Reading Glasses - Just Another Tool In the Toolbox

I was in CVS yesterday waiting for a prescription. I was trying not to wander around the store impulse buying Halloween decorations but there was no way I was going to sit down in those dirty cloth chairs they provide. It is funny because if you think about it, who sits in those chairs? Sick people, people so sick they have to wait for their prescriptions, and they sit there for 45 minutes germ-ing them up....it wasn't the germs that kept me from sitting. Anyway, after I read all the trashy magazine headlines AND all the titles of the weird religious books they sell, I set my sights on the reading glasses.

I wonder whether reading glasses will help me identify all the little black, blue, brown and purple specks of stuff I compulsively pick up now. Those little balls of wool that come off our blankets really DO look like tiny ity bitty legs. Pine needles look like little bug shells sometimes. Poppy seed bagels are officially banned in my house. I spend my days picking little things off the floor, couch and bed; carefully carrying them to a light source, inspecting up close, inspecting at an arms length and just for good measure using a finger nail to break the offending speck in half. My eyes are strained from all the squinting. I really don't want to creep around with a magnifying glass and a microscope (while holding educational value) is out of the question. So I am going back to get the glasses, I think they will also make me look smart.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this review about reading glasses. Reading Glasses Lights are helpful for those who has eye problems specially at night. By the way, you can read more information about reading glasses, just check it here!

    ReplyDelete